There is an urgent need for fast-acting, practical to use, pain mitigation and accelerated wound healing products, for use during animal surgical procedures.
- Globally, over one billion farm animals undergo highly invasive painful surgical procedures annually (castration, dehorning, tail docking)
- Billions of farm animals also undergo less invasive procedures such as de-beaking in chickens
- Tens of millions of animals suffer from leg and shoulder ulcers, foot abscesses, accidental wounds and painful skin irritations
- Currently, a large majority of procedures are performed by a vet or farmer without analgesics
- The global number of livestock in 2017 was 26 billion, this is expected to reach 39 billion by 2030
- There is global pressure, supported by governments and non-governmental organisations, to provide pain relief alongside surgical procedures on animals
We are the first, and currently the only, company globally to develop, launch and commercialise a topical pain and wound management product for use in livestock undergoing painful husbandry procedures – Tri-Solfen® is recognised as the only safe, practical and efficient product for use on such wounds.
Winner of the Animal Pharm ‘Best New Food Animal Product’. Click to read more.
Development and application
Our product is successfully being used to improve animal welfare
Since launch, Tri-Solfen® has been used to successfully treat over 80 million animals undergoing routine surgeries in the Australian livestock industries.
We are committed to continuing to deliver Tri-Solfen®, as a highly effective, safe, affordable and practical pain relief product, to prevent pain and minimise suffering associated with wounds in livestock and companion animals.
Future opportunities in animals include:
- Continue to secure global registrations for Tri-Solfen® in livestock surgical procedures
- Companion animals (traumatic wounds)
- Accidental trauma
- Animal emergency rescue
- Companion animals (surgical wounds)
- Illness / disease
- Laboratory setting